Graduate Engineer - Sydney
WMAwater are a dynamic consultancy undertaking hydrologic and hydraulic investigations. We are industry leaders dedicated to providing our wide range of clients with innovative and long term solutions to the problem at hand. We understand that key to this success are our staff and an open and supportive culture. Visit www.wmawater.com.au to find out more about us.
Operating across three offices Sydney, Brisbane and Hobart, we currently have an opportunity for a Graduate to join our Sydney team. In this role you would have the opportunity to be involved across the full spectrum of the firms work from flood modelling for local Councils, infrastructure projects or large environmental projects, dam investigations and development of flood mitigation strategies through to flood forecasting systems.
The position would suit an Environmental/Civil Engineer and/or Environmental Scientists or other related discipline who has recently graduated.
WMAwater is wholly owned by staff members. We have a long term commitment to staff development and training, providing opportunities to attend and present at training courses and conferences. We actively contribute to the development of national guidelines, work closely with several major Universities offering student internships and supporting student scholarships.
We offer flexible working arrangements and all our offices are convenient to public transport hubs.
Opportunities for the successful applicant include:
- Undertake a range of flooding related projects in the fields of floodplain management including hydrology and numerical flood modelling
- Work as part of a dynamic team to develop and apply innovative solutions with the aim of delivering high quality solutions to clients.
- Working on nationally significant flood projects
- Work on research that will drive future practice
- Contribute to in house and external software projects
- Work on a broad range of projects urban, rural, flood studies, floodplain management studies, dam assessments, flood forecasting and infrastructure assessments.
- Receive mentoring from senior staff
To be successful, applicants need to address the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science, or other relevant area of study.
- A desire to gain experience in flood management, hydrology and/or hydraulic modelling
- Work collaboratively in a project team
- Problem solving skills
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Additional qualifications, attributes and skill sets that are highly desirable are:
- Experience and strong interest in floodplain management
- Experience and interest in programing
- Previous Experience or knowledge of the following hydrologic and hydraulic modelling software (WBNM, RORB, URBS, TUFLOW) would be an advantage along with GIS skills (ArcGIS, MapInfo or QGIS) or programming skills
Written applications addressing the above criteria, along with a full CV and academic transcript, should be submitted to [email protected] Applications are open till 10th September 2018.
Applicants must have the right to work in this location to apply for this job.
Applications will not be accepted from Recruitment Agencies.