An opportunity is available for a student to work in a Sydney-CBD based engineering consultancy office, whose facilities include a range of hosted servers and various internal and external web applications. For this role you will be reporting directly to our IT manager.
Your skills and experience
To be successful, applicants need to address the following criteria:
- Study in a relevant degree (Computer Science or Information Technology)
- Experience with code development (preferably Python)
- Experience working with the Windows OS (experience with Linux is a plus)
- Understanding of computer hardware components
- Basic understanding of networking principles
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently
Potential Opportunities for the successful candidate include:
- Assist with the improvement of existing codebases for various internal projects
- Develop code for new projects or features for existing projects.
- Develop internal and external web applications
- Create or improve existing documentation for work practices
- Assist with administering an engineering queuing function
- Provide L1 support to users across multiple offices.
What will you gain from the role
This role will offer practical experience in:
- Development and deployment of industry-grade applications.
- Understanding stakeholder requirements and managing their expectations.
- Breadth of scale for modern IT systems environments.
The position is 4-5 days over the summer break with position extension part time during the semester. Please email your CV, cover letter and academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 30th Nov 2020.