WMAwater is a dynamic water engineering consultancy undertaking design flood estimation and modelling for local Councils, infrastructure projects or large environmental projects, dam investigations and development of flood mitigation strategies through to flood forecasting systems. We are industry leaders dedicated to providing our wide range of clients with innovative and long term solutions to the problem at hand. We understand that key to this success are our staff and an open and supportive culture. Visit www.wmawater.com.au to find out more about us.
Operating across three offices in Sydney, Brisbane and Hobart, an opportunity exists in our Brisbane office for an experienced water engineering professional to join our team. This role is a fantastic opportunity to support the growth of our business in QLD; providing a challenging and rewarding role for the right candidate to join our leadership group in Brisbane. Your experience would complement our existing skills base in Brisbane. In this role you would have the opportunity to develop your own client base in your work areas, lead a small team to achieve project outcomes and mentor junior staff. The right candidate would have an opportunity to take up an equity stake in the firm.
WMAwater is wholly owned by staff members. We aim for long term investment in our staff, through development and training, providing opportunities to attend and present at training courses and conferences. We actively contribute to the development of national guidelines, and work closely with several major universities.
We offer flexible working arrangements and all our offices are convenient to public transport hubs.
The exact role would be dependent on the candidate and their experience, with possibilities existing for a managerial role that relates to projects or as a technical lead or a more senior role with business leadership potential. Opportunities for the successful applicant may include:
- Oversee and lead a diverse range of flooding related projects in the field of floodplain management including hydrology and numerical flood modelling
- Be a part of our business leadership team
- Work as part of a passionate and dynamic team who are committed to developing and applying innovation to deliver high quality solutions to clients
- Contribute to nationally significant flood projects
- Work on research that will drive future practice
- Contribute to in house and external software projects
- Work on and lead a broad range of projects including urban and rural environments, flood studies, floodplain management studies, dam assessments, flood forecasting and infrastructure assessments.
- Contribute to business development in an evolving market
- Mentoring junior staff while being supported by our experienced senior staff
- Responsibility for the delivery of quality technical work
- Development of your own client base
To be selected as a preferred candidate, applicants should have the following, qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science, or other relevant area of study
- Significant relevant post graduation industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in flood management, hydrology and/or hydraulic modelling
- Work collaboratively as part of a project team
- Project management and business development experience
- Problem solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional qualifications, attributes and skill sets that are highly desirable include:
- Postgraduate qualifications or research experience in a relevant field such as: flood hydraulics, hydrology, floodplain management
- Experience and strong interest in floodplain management
- Demonstrated experience in use of the following hydrologic and hydraulic modelling software: WBNM, RORB, URBS, TUFLOW
- Experience in programming
- GIS skills (ArcGIS, MapInfo or QGIS)
Written applications addressing the above criteria, along with a full CV, should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are open until 1st February 2019 however strong candidates will be interviewed as application come in.
Applicants must have the right to work in this location to apply for this job.
Applications will not be accepted from Recruitment Agencies.