WMAwater is a dynamic consultancy undertaking hydrologic and hydraulic investigations. We are industry leaders dedicated to providing our wide range of clients with innovative and long term solutions to the problem at hand. We understand that key to this success are our staff and an open and supportive culture. Visit www.wmawater.com.au to find out more about us.
Operating across three offices in Sydney, Brisbane and Hobart, we currently have an opportunity for a flood modeller, ideally with some experience or a strong desire to develop a career in this area, to join our successful team. In this role you would have the opportunity to be involved across the full spectrum of the firm’s work from flood modelling for local Councils, infrastructure projects or large environmental projects, dam investigations and development of flood mitigation strategies through to flood forecasting systems.
The position would suit an Environmental/Civil Engineer and/or Environmental Scientist or other related discipline with 1 - 3 years of relevant post graduate experience. Exceptional candidates meeting the criteria with less experience should still apply.
WMAwater is wholly owned by staff members. We aim for long term investment in our staff, through development and training, providing opportunities to attend and present at training courses and conferences. We actively contribute to the development of national guidelines, work closely with several major Universities offering student internships and supporting student scholarships.
We offer flexible working arrangements and all our offices are convenient to public transport hubs.
Opportunities for the successful applicant include:
- Undertake a diverse range of flooding related projects in the field of water engineering including hydrology and numerical flood modelling.
- Work as part of a passionate and dynamic team who are committed to developing and applying innovation to deliver high quality solutions to clients.
- Contribute to nationally significant flood projects.
- Work on research that will drive future practice.
- Contribute to in house and external software projects.
- Work on a broad range of projects including urban and rural environments, flood studies, floodplain management studies, dam assessments, flood forecasting and infrastructure assessments.
- Mentoring by industry leading senior staff.
- Responsibility for the delivery of quality technical work.
To be selected as a preferred candidate, applicants should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science, or other relevant area of study
- 1 - 3 years relevant post graduation experience
- A desire to gain experience in water engineering, hydrology and/or hydraulic modelling
- Work collaboratively as part of a project team
- Problem solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional qualifications, attributes and skill sets that are highly desirable include:
- Experience and strong interest in water engineering
- Demonstrated experience in use of the following hydrologic and hydraulic modelling software: WBNM, RORB, URBS, TUFLOW
- Experience in programming
- GIS skills (ArcGIS, MapInfo or QGIS)
Written applications addressing the above criteria, along with a full CV and academic transcript, should be submitted to email@example.com. Applications are open until 1st February 2019 however strong candidates will be interviewed as applications come in.
Applicants must have the right to work in this location to apply for this job.
Applications will not be accepted from Recruitment Agencies.