Engagement of the community and other stakeholders is critical in developing water and flood management strategies that will be successful over the long-term. Analysis of flooding and drainage issues can be highly technical, and the discussion of the issues can often evoke strong emotions. In our experience, communities like to be able to directly engage with experts to discuss matters that are important to them, and to be provided with clear and transparent information about studies that affect them. WMAwater places an emphasis on clear communication of our technical work to a wide range of audiences, and direct engagement with stakeholders. This gives our clients confidence that the results of their technical studies will be well understood by all stakeholders.
Our expertise in this area includes:
- Organisation and delivery of community workshops and information sessions
- Animations, graphics and other visualisation methods to assist with stakeholder understanding of results
- Easy to understand communication of the issues
- Preparation and distribution of newsletters
- Online surveys and community data collection
- Project-specific website development and hosting